View: 127|Reply: 0

A Surprisingly Enjoyable Celebrity Travel Show

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
4-2-2021 22:55:03 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I was not expecting much from this show, especially because it is basically a travelogue and it's all been done before. The unique aspect of the show is that the travelers are William Shatner, George Forman, Henry Winkler, and Terry Bradshaw. Oh, and Jeff Dye--a comedian with one television credit to his name. That Henry Winkler is the guy who was the inspiration for the phrase "jumping the shark" did not bode well.

But episode one is wheels up very quickly and before you know it, the guys are in Tokyo, exploring the iconic elements of the city: Shibuya Crossing, Tokyo Tower, Japanese TV, and a capsule hotel. Again, it's all been done before, but before I knew it, I was hooked. Are these guys really good friends? I don't know, but they seem to have a good time together.

The shows seeks to explore cultural differences, so it is one big fish-out-of-water story. And you might wonder if four guys for whom a flight of stairs is an adventure can really embrace a meaningful challenge.

The show, which is subtitled "an adventure for all ages", allows the viewer to laugh at them as much as with them. These guys can take a joke as well as deliver one.

Surprisingly, the episode allowed for quieter moments, which were a touching counterpoint to the slapstick and sarcasm. As they formed a team to experience some new and diverse--and unexpected--events, the show became a metaphor for life itself, which was moving. Hopefully, they will continue to allow more moments of Zen amid the zaniness, and more insights amid the insanity.

In the end, these are four (or five) likable guys who like having fun. And it's infectious.

score 8/10

atlasmb 25 August 2016

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw3531847/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部