View: 108|Reply: 0

Behold, for it is done.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
4-2-2021 22:50:06 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Suffer no longer the rumors of a 6-hour-long cut of Lynch's (Smithee's?) 1984, er, attempt.  No more need for such drivel.  Mind you, I was at first willing to dislike this project -- having seen some production stills, and not knowing what to make of it.  Ah, folly of youth!  A few hours on the couch with a preview copy have changed my mind.  This is the good stuff, folks -- the reason we keep our TVs.  The performances range from good to excellent; the cinematography is clean and in some cases downright exciting. Just about the whole book is here, a few judicious cuts notwithstanding, and Dr. Kynes looks like Marty Feldman, but that's OK, I don't mind. Stilgar spits on the floor, Princess Irulan wears some weird headgear and the ships, at last, do not look like the fender of a '57 Chevy.  A well-crafted, lushly-visualized and breathtakingly-realized project.  Not without its faults, though those are very few.  If not merely satisfying, then outright amazing.  Disappointment is unlikely.  Good, good stuff.  -- Rotwang!

score /10

drrotwang 27 November 2000

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw0531735/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部