View: 122|Reply: 0

1st season was superb, 2nd not so much

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-2-2021 22:59:03 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I initially gave 9 stars as SEASON 1 of The Hook Up Plan was a pleasant surprise. Witty, intelligent, and enjoyable. Excellent acting and far more believable than your typical romantic-comedy type TV show. Characters were multidimensional, episodes were coherent, soundtrack was good, and the Parisian scenery is always a delight to look at. The fact that I laughed out loud several times while watching a French series with English subtitles means the humor translates very well. Also, this might be a bit vapid - but the actors were all quite attractive in somewhat unconventional ways which gives this show that extra boost in my opinion.

Fast forward to Season 2 and I was left rather disappointed, hence my new review and lower rating. Lots of irrational, borderline bizarre behavior among the characters made the show loose a lot of its realistic and relatable appeal. Everything felt rushed, incoherent, and definitely lacked the original humor and cinematic creativity from the first season. It was still alright to watch but unfortunately not as entertaining or memorable as the first season.

score 7/10

Boxer_007 25 December 2018

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw4534342/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部