View: 129|Reply: 0

Predictable and Nonsensical

[Copy link]
1-2-2021 04:29:05 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
As other reviewers stated the first half of the drama was pretty interesting while the second half was quite boring. I would add to that sentiment that it was also ridiculously predictable. Predictability is not necessarily a bad thing, there are lots of times when predictable cliches are well done and give an emotional punch to a beloved couple in a drama. But in this case the plot itself was super predictable, as well as character reactions and even dialogue.

In addition there was this annoying and overused plot device of "coincidence equaling fate." I think even the writers knew this was silly as they actually had the characters mention that it was unrealistic, but then went ahead and had it happen to the characters anyway.

All this adds up to a pretty sub-par drama that at the end felt like a real waste - especially since the actors were very good and had decent performances despite the poor writing. I was particularly disappointed that the ML's memory "disease" which was only used as a plot device for the first few episodes and it never really is used again - all the missed opportunities for both cool scenes and angst!

Overall this was a miss for me.

score 4/10

fake_moviestar 24 October 2020

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw6203393/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部