View: 107|Reply: 0

A Warm Home and Welcome

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
31-1-2021 11:29:04 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I started watching the Pioneer Woman by accident and haven't stopped watching ever since. I found the whole series being as cooking for a Southern American Ranching family for all situations perfect as my antidote to life's stresses especially after a hard day at work and returning to an empty home.
Ree comes across as a very warm person, available and motherly always smiling even when cooking multiple meals. Similarly her family, her house any invited persons all come across as affable.
I know that this is fairy tale like to the actual circumstances, but hey I buy this, preferring it to some police/violent or scandal driven drama as presented daily on tv.
Personally I wouldn't try half the recipes as presented by Ree as these are laden with fats or sugar. I do remember the episode when she was trying to lure back her husband from taking his breakfast, by frying a fatty breakfast and cooking cinnamon buns in loads of butter and sugar. It was so wrong from a healthy point of view but so sweet of her in her intentions. The way she repeatedly voices her concerns and they way she would solve them through her baking makes me feel so soothed. There is something magical about her programmes
Ree is actually selling a make believe lifestyle that some of us dream of. I like this gal :)

score 9/10

lexva5 9 July 2018

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw4231440/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部