View: 130|Reply: 0

Best series on television

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-1-2021 00:46:07 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Didn't really pay any attention to this series at all until John Wells decided a 'crossover' with 'ER' was needed. What a masterstroke. Now I'm hooked.

Started watching religiously after that. The great thing is that now the series is in syndication on A&E - every weeknight at 11:00 pm and 3:00 am! Now I can even catch up on all the reruns I missed the first time around.

It's so refreshing to see real people portrayed in prime time as opposed to walking cliches. Everyone on this show has moments of weakness and greatness in equal parts. They even talk like the rest of us, oftentimes quite hilariously.

About the only actor I recognized prior to seeing 'Third Watch' was Anthony Ruivar, who got munched by some giant bugs in 'Starship Troopers'. But I must say, everyone on the show has really grown on me, especially Molly Price. Most guys would go for Kim Raver or Lisa Vidal - babes all. Something about a woman in a police uniform just does it for me. Molly, you can arrest me anytime!

I'm always moved by this show, whether it's to sidesplitting laughter (not something that one would expect in a 'serious' drama like this) or to uncontrollable tears (I still can't watch the episode where J.K. Simmons - so vile as the neo-nazi on 'Oz' - is trapped under a slab of concrete and ends up videotaping a final message to his wife and daughter without blubbering like a baby).

Despite nitpicking about trivial little details about what forms uniformed officers are allowed to make out, this is easily the best and most 'real' thing on television right now, even better than 'ER'.

score /10

moooman 4 March 2003

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw0646730/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部