View: 112|Reply: 0

Perfection, Realism, Relatability

[Copy link]
25-1-2021 00:50:02 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
It's very difficult for me to write a review of this series because it connected with me at a personal level on so many occasions.

This series is not just about the guts and glory and glamour that you typically associate with a movie/series based on Army . Ofcourse , it does have all those elements but the dominant theme is the other side - the disappointment, frustration, depression and redemption. These things which can happen to anyone at any point in life in any field. How one faces and overcomes those odds is what defines this series. Its not just based on true events but the officer(on whose life it is based) and his wife appear at the end of each episode which adds credibility and authenticity to the plot.

The scenes from various operations, special forces probation are well researched and executed. The only disappointment was the shoddy shooting of the scenes depicting training in Indian Military Academy at some weird location. This is where Lakshya had set a gold standard in realism. But apart from that, nothing much i could complain about. However, some might find the series a bit dragged, especially from episode 4 to 7; but stick with it, the climax is absolutely delightful!

Amit Sadh delivers an extremely powerful, believable and quite simply his best performance till date. Usually, he's confined to a single expression in most series because of the roles he gets, but you can actually feel his anger, irritation, depression, redemption and triumph throughout the series. Sushant Singh is brilliant as well as the unconventional but super effective Special Forces Colonel. Amrita Puri also does a perfect job playing the role of Maj Deep's wife.

This is a landmark series which should be watched by everyone imo. I hope there are more such series made on life of soldiers. There are countless such stories waiting to be told.

score 10/10

addyliverpool 23 January 2021

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw6517524/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部