View: 81|Reply: 0

A complaint about the ending (may be spoiler, may not be)

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
24-1-2021 11:48:05 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
This review is ABOUT the ending, but it doesn't reveal the ending.

I just sat through the 4-part "What Remains," about the various characters in a small apartment house, and a retired detective's obsession with finding out what happened to an overweight girl whose body was found in the attic and whose disappearance had gone unnoticed for two years. I found it easily held my interest until the end, when it decided to have multiple endings. I'm always disappointed with British mysteries when they do that. I expect them to be mature enough to play out their mystery and denouement and say "that's it," but too often shows like this will lose faith in the resolution of the story, and think they have to throw in a twist or two or three at the end to give a shock to the sheeple. It just seems very immature and destroys any credibility the story had. Like the end of FATAL ATTRACTION, when the murderous woman is drowned in the bathtub, but that's not enough, so they have her jump out of the water ready to kill and the wife shoots her, because she suddenly has a gun and knows how to use it. It's a cheap gimmick you'd expect to find in crappy horror films, not a fine British drama. MAYDAY, from earlier this year, was another decent drama that twisted and was ultimately a complete cheat at the end.

I would have rated this program an 8 or better if not for the ending.

score 5/10

wmadavis 16 September 2013

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw2870687/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部