View: 85|Reply: 0

The amazing cast create a funny, exciting mixture of comedy and escape room fun

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
24-1-2021 11:40:03 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I absolutely adore this fantastic show. It blends genres effortlessly with its comedy at the forefront.

It's a mixture of escape room and murder mystery. For anyone that has played a street-based murder mystery game, it'll feel very familiar.

I saw one user complaint about scripted elements. Yes there is a fictional narrative to this show, but for me it's always very clear when that is happening. For the most part the cast are just going along for the ride and solving the mystery. When the scripted elements do happen, it blends effortlessly with the natural comedy. They aren't getting them to stage things and pretend they are real, it's always just very clear when you're watching scripted and when you're not. They don't try to cheat you, they trust you to know the difference.

The cast is fantastic. Their chemistry is what carries the show more than anything. Again in another review I saw someone lamenting their "celeb" status. Well I know none of them, at all. All I know is they get on brilliantly and the banter and comedy is just brilliant. You can't script that dialogue or the fun they are clearly having. That's magic that is hard to create in a TV show.

The subtitler is genius. The comedy also shines through in the various on screen graphics, with lots of dry humour normally at the expense of the cast. It's hard for humour to translate in written text, but whomever did this gets it brilliantly.

Other nice things are that there's an ongoing story arc across the season, I get to see South Korea, from cities to strange islands, and the music is great too.

The 90 minutes run time is sometimes a bit intimidating, and I wish they broke them into two part 45 minute episodes perhaps. But that's not a deal breaker by any means.

All in all I can't recommend this enough if you love a good laugh. It's slapstick, it's silly... don't watch it if you aren't amused by humour that is at times childish. But if you do go in with the right mind you'll see an entertaining show with an engaging cast.

score 9/10

antony-1 16 August 2019

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw5063490/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部