View: 77|Reply: 0

Repetitive

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
24-1-2021 11:24:08 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
02AUG2020 {7/10 stars B} Recommend? If you don't mind repetitive content and are not grossed out by my summary. -3 stars for time wasting content.

Doctor Sandra Lee is very friendly and empathetic with her patients. She does great work diagnosing and resolving skin problems. While doing that she also restores her patients self confidence and outlook on life. As someone who has had 5 major surgeries and other procedures I can tell Doctor Sandra is very genuine. She gives all of her heart to each patient and many hugs.

I watched S1E1 on Hulu, on the TLC website it is listed as a Special. After reading through other episodes and skipping through a few episodes this show is VERY repetitive. There are a lot of lipoma's removed of various sizes along with many other types of growths removed and conditions diagnosed. Not only does the subject matter gross me out A LOT but I don't want to watch a show with such repetitive content. During the episodes they show updates after some time has passed to see how the patients are doing.

-3 stars for TIME WASTING CONTENT; Episodes start with: the doctor giving the same prerecorded summary of what she does along with very quick video clips showing a variety of skin problems. Intro ends with the show title page making the intro easy to skip over. Intro is 1m15s. There are content previews during the episodes and content recaps during the episodes that vary from quick to detailed. NO: next episode preview.

CONTENT ADVISORY: Every episode starts with the same disclaimer and it is shown again later, "This program examines dermatological conditions and the procedures involved with treating them. Due to their graphic nature viewer discretion is advised."

That's a good summary of what is shown; including blood, various colors of bodily fluids, growths and masses being removed and other skin conditions treated. Needles shown injecting local anesthetic and withdrawing bodily fluids from growths. Video of incisions being made into the skin with bodily fluids leaking out along with growths being pulled, cut and squeezed out.

After growths have been removed the doctor is shown cutting open the growths to see if they contain anything like cancer. She also asks some of the patients if they want to touch or hold their growths after they put on gloves. S1E1 on Hulu The doctor cuts open some of Carla's growths to see what they contain and Carla is shown squeezing a growth and light brown contents oozing out, followed by a close up with the camera on the growth and what Carla squeezed out.

{1=F 2=D- 3=D 4=C- 5=C 6=B- 7=B 8=A- 9=A 10=A }

score 7/10

4x4 3 August 2020

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw5962916/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部