View: 118|Reply: 0

Another review on 'Doctor Doctor'

[Copy link]
20-1-2021 02:04:08 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Touted as a family-oriented series I was expecting a highly entertaining episode (#1) of this new series. It NEARLY came up to my expectation: 1 - I was expecting someone maybe a little more 'hardened' - an example being when he wrestled with his brother and seemingly 'over-nursed' his sore hand from the wrestle (I was hoping that Hugh would cream him); and 2 - I wasn't sure if some of the language used was appropriate for a so-called family show!!! However, I was reasonably entertained, and expect to enjoy the series for the rest of the season. Moreover, I DID find myself having a few laughs during this initial episode, and Rodger Corser does a good job - his cowboy attitude displayed in Dr Hugh Knight is definitely a sure winner nevertheless. I DO commend the Australian television industry to CONTINUE producing quality drama to not only an existing acceptable level - but an OUTSTANDING level. * * (Update) * * HOWEVER - the series went on for a few weeks I have warmed up to this show even further. It has become VERY entertaining (although a bit far-fetched in places). Well done to Roger Corser. Filmed in a part of the Central West of NSW it provides for a breathtaking backdrop for the fictional town of Wyhope. Claudia Karvan has been an acclaimed actress and I commend her on her work in this series. It's about to come to an end for this season - I HOPE that there is a Season 2! * * I also couldn't help notice the blue 2016 Hyundai Elantra that Roger Corser drives in the show. Is that a co-incidence or does it have something to do with the Hyundai commercials that he used to do ... ? lol.

score 9/10

neilmcginn-00991 14 September 2016

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw3544054/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部