View: 130|Reply: 0

Absolutely shows Americas diversity

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
20-1-2021 00:21:04 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
A group of Persian refugees fleeing the Iranian Revolution of 1979 arrive in California and embrace or define the American Dream. They drink their faces off, have petty squabbles, cover themselves in jewels and gold, have extensive plastic surgery and the totally mad and open gay guy, must be the envy of every gay person in Iran; I think they kill people there, but if I'm wrong, I know they don't accept a gay lifestyle. This is the best way for America to overthrow Iran; show how much fun it is to be Western and free.

I only see this series when traveling and in hotels or motels with cable and always look forward to seeing their antics. I'm not clear on where their money comes from
as they don't seem to work, so I presume they were fortunate enough to load up their coffers before fleeing Iran. I don't think this show costs a lot to produce ---perhaps that's where their money is from?---- so I suspect it will have a long run and we'll be blessed to watch the cast grow old and die over the coming years.

Having lived 20   years in southern California, I can see this format being adapted to a wide range of transplants that make America so culturally diverse; Israeli's of Fairfax, Russian Oligarchs of Rodeo Drive, Chinese of Monterrey Park, Japanese of Palos Verdes, Koreans of Cypress, MS-13 of MacArthur Park....it's endless, but it will take a lot to top the Shahs of Sunset

score 10/10

prosper1 22 May 2018

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw4173956/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部