View: 115|Reply: 0

This show does try to say something....

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
19-1-2021 02:47:05 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I'm just not sure I get it completely. On the surface it's a standard cop vs. another serial killer. A real gem in season 1: The Wild and the Innocent. Then Chris Carter's plan goes into second gear. The thing that hooked me was the fact that there was a real war between good and evil. Lucifer was coming ring the bell at 2000 and Frank Black was witnessing all kinds of signs. Could he stop it? Season 2 Wong and Morgan took over the show and ran with it. Pretty far I have to say. At the first viewing I felt cheated. This was not why I bought the DVD. But after the initial shock I went back for a second viewing, I became to appreciate what Wong and Morgan were trying to do. I guess it's pretty out there and I really don't think that making the Millennium Group a dark conspiracy group was the best move (come on... this isn't the X-files!!). But the division within the group was something I could believe. Like most religions, this does happen. I do like the "weird" shows (Somehow Satan Got Behind Me). Again, only after the initial shock I saw the brilliance. Also there are some funny references in this season to other shows (X-files and Space: Above and Beyond). But I guess people think that this show must not have humor or black comedy and I tend to agree.

I am halfway through Season 3. The episodes are good, not great. And I still get the feeling that these episodes require multiple viewings. The best so far is I think The Sound of Snow. The worst: Forcing the End. I still think it would have been more interesting if the line of Season 1 was followed and The Millennium Group was a force of good people (perhaps a cult) fighting evil. Now it's more like the X-Files: evil conspiricies and stuff.

Wong and Morgan declined being interviewed on the extra's, I guess they were not amused being dogged like that by the others.

To wrap it up: despite all its flaws, this show is still better than 80% off the other crap (CSI anyone?) that's out there. I give it a 7 out of 10.

score /10

supah79 6 September 2005

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw1166707/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部