View: 115|Reply: 0

A FUNNY superhero series done right

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
12-1-2021 02:00:03 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
It doesn't seem to me that many comic book fans enjoy many superhero shows focused on humour itself, or maybe it's just me.

But quite frankly, this is not only by far the best animated series the FF were ever featured on, but also one of the most enjoyable superhero shows period. I say this not only due to the animation - which, fortunately, is mostly based on real drawings rather than 3D effects, mostly used for some background elements like cars -, but also due to the humour: everyone's expecting a high-tempered Thing and a prankster-like Human Torch, but my biggest surprise was the representation of the other 2, which really had no meaning to me until the release of this series. Reed Richards is a pure stereotype of "geekiness" which delves himself too deep into his own curiosity and ends up generally procrastinating; The Invisible Woman, on the other hand, is the "mother", most adult-behaving member of the group, and not afraid to take the spotlight when everyone else misbehaves - and I really end up believing that she is, in fact, the real leader of the group, rather than Reed Richards. Other than that, some of the ideas are well represented, Doom is a respectable villain - although a bit underpowered IMO -, and some special appearances of other Marvel superheroes are a breathe of fresh air.

To sum it all up, the show's funny and lighthearted, never taking itself TOO seriously, but isn't that one of the key elements in most of Marvel's Animation? - excluding maybe the X-men and Spider-Man animated series, which even themselves were sometimes able to add some laughs to the scene -. After all, isn't Marvel supposed to feature younger and more adolescent-like heroes we can identify with?

score 8/10

maiquedi 16 May 2012

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw2612869/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部