View: 117|Reply: 0

Fresh and Philosophical Romance Flick

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
11-1-2021 02:31:04 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I should start by saying that I would rate this show a solid 8.5 (but since I have to pick either 8 or 9, I chose 9). If I had to describe this show in one sentence, I would call it a quiet, understated examination of love and marriage in modern times...which probably sounds totally boring, but it's not.

While the plot hinges on a cliche (contract marriage), the resulting story is anything but, and is a far cry from any K-Drama I've yet seen. It walks a beautifully fine line between cynicism and optimism, with some of the most original and heartfelt lines I have ever heard in any film, anytime, anywhere (On the other hand, if you don't care for thinking with your entertainment, this might not be your cup of tea).

In addition, seeing as the story centers on real life issues, I loved the fact that the cast was likewise "real-life beautiful," (rather than the unreasonably gorgeous type that are commonly selected for leading roles), and I was thoroughly impressed with the caliber of acting all around (Though the MVP is still the cat! Somebody get that adorable feline an award!)

If you are looking for a fresh and heartfelt K-Drama that brings romance to the real world, this is for you. Recommended!

ROMANCE RATING: 8.5/10. By K-Drama standards, this show had more kiss scenes than average (4 ), and the kisses mostly fall in the NC17 category (rather than the standard G rated ones). Additionally, all three couples had good chemistry between them. I could have wished for a little more romantic payoff after all the build up for the MC's, but what we got was acceptable without being too racy.

score 9/10

nishera 6 January 2020

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw5386160/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部