View: 105|Reply: 0

Some hit and miss episodes

[Copy link]
10-1-2021 21:55:05 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Chef Anthony Bourdain travels the world sampling food, seeing different cultures, and having a few drinks on CNN's dime.

The biggest problem of this show is that I can't buy Bourdain's review of the food. Sometimes the food looks really good, but it's impossible to rely on Anthony's tastes. Apparently he loves everything. I don't think he has said a bad word about any thing he has eaten. That can't be right.

There is the travelogue part of the show. I'm always a sucker for that. The show works best when he goes to someplace unusual. I still remember the Libya show. That was crazy. Sometimes it's boring like Vegas.

Then there is the social commentary from Anthony. Sometimes it's interesting, but most of the times, it's tiresome. I don't particular find it that enlightening like the Mexico show. He tells us that there is drug violence in Mexico. Color me shocked.

This show has some good points. Bourdain is always up for anything. There is some interesting food happening. And they are usually away from the tourist traps which is interesting. However some of it does get boring especially if he gets preachy.

score 6/10

SnoopyStyle 1 June 2014

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw3026720/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部