View: 112|Reply: 0

Superbly written

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-1-2021 11:05:15 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I totally disagree that you had to be a teenager when this show was new to be able relate to it.  The slang and fashions may change, but the Jordan Catalanos, Rayannes and Angelas have been around for years.  I graduated 20 years ago.  What was termed "grunge" in 1994 was called "burnout" when I was in school.  (And the late 70s/early 80s burnout attire wasn't much different than the grunge look - burnout guys wore thermal shirts under flannel, chains in their pockets, work boots and had unruly longish hair.)  I, too, had a major crush on the "Jordan Catalano" of my time.  I used to think he was "quiet and deep", but realize now he probably just didn't have much to say.

This show made me realize that although teenagers appear to be so much different today, perhaps that isn't really true - that they obviously face the same type of angst, pressure and problems that I faced.  It gave me major flashbacks in that it reminded me of teenaged feelings and traumas I hadn't thought about since high school (and would never want to face again!)

Angela reminded me of me at her age - naive and a goody two shoes who wants to break out of that shell.  I even had the friend "Sharon" (who coincidentally was also named Sharon!) who doesn't understand about wanting to change or preferring Rayanne's company over hers, or no longer wanting to belong to the yearbook committee.

It was a wonderfully written and extremely well acted drama.  There were only a little more than a dozen shows, I think, but every one of them is a gem.

score /10

wikkedladi 4 December 2001

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw0333328/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部