View: 125|Reply: 0

A cool, underappreciated program

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
29-12-2020 22:23:05 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Since it was erratically scheduled on the Fox network, Beyond Belief never received much attention. I haven't seen it in quite a while; I don't know if it was canceled or if it's on hiatus, as it was previously, so I'll refer to it in the past tense. I enjoyed the show. James Brolin and Jonathan Frakes were great hosts, and the sleek, modernesque set was memorable. The acting usually ranged from awful to passable, although occasionally some really great performances were featured. I recall a story titled "Get Your Kicks at Motel 66," which featured the always-terrific Mary Woronov as the motel manager. She put on a great show, but she also made me realize how awful the other actors in the segment were! Still, despite a lot of mediocre performances and soap-opera style dialogue (typical of TV re-creations), I had a lot of fun trying to guess which stories were fact and which were fiction. If it's gone, that's very unfortunate. But...Fact: If it's coming back, I'll be the first in line for the guessing game!

score /10

Vince-5 3 June 2001

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw0525118/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部