View: 101|Reply: 0

Good fun...

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
29-12-2020 02:07:05 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
The animation is a bit like anime meets the old Spiderman but somehow it works. Sometimes simpler is better. My teenage son and daughter get a big laugh out of every episode and the Martin/Diana relationship is so much like my kids it is creepy! Martin is all teenage boy with girls on the mind and an overactive imagination (er.. think "sock gnomes" being responsible for missing socks). He jumps to conclusions based on limited knowledge and has an unshakable faith in his own opinions; he also has absolutely no clue about acceptable social interaction. He can be a total pain but when it counts he stands up for his step-sister and his friends. Diana is all about doing the right thing and making sure the rules are followed... but the teenage girl in her manages to get out anyways.

Martin and Diana often act like 2 year olds when fighting with each other, and to emphasize the point they get redrawn as immature kids. The effect can be hilarious and my kids love their childish arguments. I don't point out to them how much it matches reality around our place.

The comment someone made about Martin/Diana being incestuous is just totally out to lunch. There really is nothing offensive about this show. Just fun with slime, aliens, weird monsters attacking quiet rural towns, and cursed objects that are found by innocent people. No one is hurt in the end, and Martin usually saves the day despite being such a doofus. And sometimes his bizarre theories ARE correct.

Not sophisticated but provides surprisingly satisfactory entertainment.

BTW: Martin's closet contains several outfits that all look the same. He changes his clothes but not his look.

score 8/10

Vogonavich 28 August 2009

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw2118597/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部