View: 117|Reply: 0

To summarise, watch it for yourself.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-12-2020 11:15:06 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I guess the first question about a 36 year old series, is how dated is it? Well of course it is, but as it goes back in time itself this is nullified. I watched it on it's first viewing in UK in 1976 at the age of 12, I was enthralled and have watched it many times since. The acting is first rate, the story intelligent and the soundtrack perfect. Nolte was great as Tom, even though he was physically a little too large. His scenes were always the best for me, but Strauss played a good 'foil'. It's basically just a biopic of two brothers during twenty four years of their lives. It does touch on historical events but is mainly a 'people' film. If you've never seen it I strongly advise that you do. The first episode is strong but it does get better. As has been said, the supporting cast were as good as they were famous. All in all it's about eight hours of television, which may put you off, but don't. Through the series you will become attached to the central characters in a way you'll never forget. Brilliant!

score /10

knella1 25 March 2013

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw2772489/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部