View: 80|Reply: 0

Wonderful show, well written and well acted

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
21-12-2020 03:08:02 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I wholeheartedly recommend this series of the small town constable Hamish MacBeth. It does remind me a lot of Northern Exposure, but without the constant whining of Rob Morrow as Dr. Joel Fleishman. This series is so well written that it always makes you feel like you're a member of the village of Lochdubh. The scenery is gorgeous, the background music is perfect and the story lines are actually pretty simple with the focus on the people and their day to day lives. It is so refreshing to view a series that does not depend on outrageous situations to get by like ABC's Desperate Housewives....the Brits are light years ahead of anything that Hollywood can put out...and have been for decades. Both of my daughters ( ages 20 and 24) LOVE this series. I am sad they only made 3 seasons worth, but, each and every episode is first rate quality....even if I can't understand a lot of their dialog...their Scottish accent is accurate and hasn't been dumbed down for us Americans. A true first rate series that I will recommend to anyone.

score /10

JohnRozich 20 January 2008

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw1804443/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部