View: 88|Reply: 0

A Gutsy Retelling, With a Stellar Cast

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
21-12-2020 01:35:04 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
The Legend of El Cid is a gutsy, and powerfully epic depiction of the legendary El Cid, a hero torn between two worlds, as masterfully told by directors: Castillo, Cuevas & Martínez-Perez.

Jaime Llorente, as El Cid, delivered a provocative, gutsy and beautifully-layered performance, in what can be classified as an "origins" story of one humanity's greatest heroes of the "people."

A stellar and brilliant cast in Alicia Sanz, José Luis García-Perez,Carlos Bardem, Lucía Guerrero, Jaime Olías, Elia Galera, Juan Echanove, Juan Fernández & Ginés García-Millán, deliver the Spanish version of Masterpiece Theater-caliber series performance s. Where have these actors been hiding, my God, they are unbelievably talented!!

One bone to pick: more episodes per season, please... I mean: don't tease like that!

I highly recommend the series, and look forward to season 2, which, I can tell, promises to only heat up.

Please bring more quality, historic-dramatic content like this, from a country and area of the world that is rich with legend and practically begging to be rediscovered!

score 10/10

Sefardicus 20 December 2020

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw6381845/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部