View: 104|Reply: 0

Excellent!

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
6-12-2020 11:42:16 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
One of the best sketch comedy shows... well, ever.  This show is rarely laugh-out-loud funny -- it's more of a brain- tickle.  Some sketches, such as the "ass-pennies" sketch or the "naked chicks room" bit, are actually hysterically funny, but even the ones that aren't exactly *funny* are still an awful lot of fun.  There's a pleasure in watching this show that goes far beyond mere funny.  As in the Ackroyd/Murray/Belushi era SNL, or Kids in the Hall, the concepts are truly different, and the actors make outrageous characters believable.  These sketches reach for something deep inside us, attempting to make us a little uncomfortable, or to make us think a little, even before they look for a laugh.  Those who are annoyed or turned off by the show may be looking for simple, cheap laughs.  But this show challenges the viewer to think. Sometimes it doesn't work; there are even times when I'm itching to change the channel.  But this is the only show I know of that can effectively crack on Frank Lloyd Wright and Alan Greenspan at the same time -- that alone is worth more than all the "Cartman's fat" jokes in the world.

(I understand these actors also do the show live, and indeed at the end of some of the shows we see, apparently via hidden cameras, the actors harassing people in public places, in character and using bits from the show.  This crossover into public performance gives the show an exciting spontaneity, and makes for some of the show's funniest, sharpest moment.)

score /10

vargas-3 24 January 1999

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw0589232/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部