View: 100|Reply: 0

America Just Wasn't Ready For This Show...

[Copy link]
6-12-2020 11:42:11 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Opinions of this show seem to be split right down the middle.  I for one loved it.  Finally we had OUR Kids in the Hall, and without those annoying Canadian dialects and cross-dressers!  But, like anything with any true integrity on Comedy Central, the UCB just didn't get recognized as the flaming orb of comic brilliance that it was.  This was probably the best original show Comedy Central has ever produced.  But on a station full of ridiculous, second-rate, low-brow programs like Strip Mall and Strangers With Candy, a show like this has no audience.  A show with this much genius should have started a dynamite run on HBO, where it would still be going strong today, as a nice way to kick back and have some laughs after the serious and hard-hitting prison drama of Oz.  And if you ask me, Comedy Central should temporarily hault their endless imagination and ability to crank out mind-numbing dreck, and take a moment to figure out just what Comedy Central means.  Shouldn't the phrase "Comedy Central" denote that this is the place for ALL comedic tastes, and not just little independent ventures and Britcoms?  Why don't they expand their range and give those of us who don't proudly sport homemade mullets something to watch?  Oh well, I can dream, can't I?

score /10

MovieMarauder 3 March 2002

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw0589228/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部