View: 87|Reply: 0

I wonder....Anthony is an Expert

[Copy link]
6-12-2020 11:37:14 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Anthony is an Expert. He knows exactly what a Hotel needs, and how to fix anything. no doubt.

Season 8 Episode 3 Anthony helps a non profit wild animal refuge in Arkansas, Abused Bear, Big Cats, Lions, Tigers. they even have a rare white Tiger, Tigers are the most endangered. Bears are abused bec they can be enslaved & foced to perform. By increasing revenue, they can continue to feed & give sanctuary, and save more animals. Warmed my heart. Anthony Do more. There ar other wildlife refuges.

many he gives 10's of thousands of dollars of service & linens, comuter systems, website. Some need money to fix things, $250K, they'll renovate 1 or 5 rooms with s template to do the rest. pools outdoor, lobby's event/ball rooms often mold, bed bugs, killer bees.
Season 7 eposode 3. the guy who is a supervior/manager housekeeping. he stands over the women while they clean, and is creepy witha creepy smile. He thinks he is a "cool dude". he looks like he has a toupee (admits it) with a villian mustache dyed black. He looks like a villian out of a Mel Brooks Gene Wilder comedy.
they let him go. Season 6 Episode 7, Anthony is in Panama, to a hotel that is far from the city, beautiful black sand & Ocean . Roads are closed, and in bad condition. he takes a taxi and it breaks down.. yes the Hotel should have shuttle., Built 15 yrs ago, by a man & his family. Isolated, but Touist Industry is growing in Panama. Anthony said he was in the Air Force. Not much of a trooper. whined & complained. sure,bad for a guest.
The taxi driver owner, after Anthony complained about fumes, & oil. that the roads destroy the cars. when it breaks down he is so rude to the driver. He has lost his car & his livlihood. Anthony walks in 92 degree heat in a suit & tie. I think he was very unkind & showed no empathy to the taxi driver & it really offended me.
Season 4 episode 5- Hollywood Liberty- is such a disaster, not safe, fire hazard, plumbing problems, no management, unclean rooms, bio hazards left in the room. worrying about the dirty, ugly & I am sure uncomfortable rooms & lobby are lipstick on a pig (I like pits) Anthony is arguing with the new owners, or didn't have the building inspected. and bought as an investment without any back up capital. worrying about the lobby or upgrading the rooms, back mold. bad pipes, wiring that can and has caught fire. really. they fixed 1 room.
I live in Los Angeles, they really don't put up with unsafe, unsanitary hotels and public hotel rooms. tourist coming to stay are in for a rude shock.

L.A. health and safety wouldn't hesitate to close down a flophouse like this. On line it's still listed, with some bad reviews, the same owners? Anthony convinced, finally, the couple owners, to shut it down for 6 months, and get bank loan against the property to renovate to standard. saying it would be worth 6.5 million and they could be out of debt in 2 years. they never ran a hotel and bought it without any inspections, took the owners word that the building was up to code. L.A. code inspection is fierce. I can't believe it. Hired a manager who had no hotel experience. From what Anthony was showing, he has an obligation to report the hotel. before someone gets hurt or killed. I guess Hollywood has some shady flop houses. Someone on line called it a by the hour motel. and maybe Hollywood police & housing turn a blind eye.
this made me question what this show is really doing.

season 5 episode 5, Nova Scotia, CA, a crumugeon wants Anthony to "create a brand" that he would use for this & 4 other hotels. this man may need help, but he has money to pay. Anthony says, it costs $1MillionUS to brand each of the 4 hotels, and this guy expects him to do it in 4 days. He is brisk & arrogant. and angry. the Hotel is below standard. He has a much younger girl "friend" who is sales manager with no experience. and a new General Manager who doesn't have say over the sales Mgr. Clearly, this takes months, and it a very very skilled (I think Anthony could do it) valuable & highly paid skill. Tripline today has some very good & some very bad reviews.

The producers must review who they choose to help. so even if Anthony is surprised (or is he a producer)? there have to be 1Ks of applicants. So it's a bit hokey. Episode 6, she has a lot of real estate, but doesn't want to sell bec times aren't the best, to upgrade her hotel. Anthony insists she has to.

score 8/10

braquecubism 16 September 2020

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw6100023/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部