View: 97|Reply: 0

Unfunny and pathetic

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
6-12-2020 11:35:23 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
This has got to be one of the most unfunny and pathetic US sitcoms I've ever seen. I think the main problem here is the uninteresting plot and the terrible and amateurish acting. The show seems to depend on sheer (forced) goofiness for laughs rather than funny, yet intelligent, situations and witty dialogues. I was initially interested, but after seeing one or two episodes, I hated it. Or could this be due to a cultural factor? That because I am not American I am unable to appreciate the humor? I don't think so, since over the years I have enjoyed and appreciated plenty of American (and also British) sitcoms. In fact, US sitcoms have always been my favourite. Now, a bit about the acting. I feel a lot of it was quite over the top, most noticeably coming from Eric Olsen, Sarah Wright (her cuteness doesn't help much here) and Philip Hall. This sitcom played for a while in Australia (I think a few weeks on the Seven network) ), but didn't last very long -- Thank goodness for that. I suspect it may soon get axed in the US.

score /10

hinurdin 2 January 2008

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw1791724/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部