View: 102|Reply: 0

Nice

[Copy link]
2-12-2020 02:42:03 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
First of all, it doesn't really bother me that this show airs on History Channel. After all, this is the same channel that gives us Ancient Aliens, Pawn Stars, American Pickers and Larry the frickin cable guy. If H channel wants to show us a reality TV with gifted marksmen and markswomen, doing all kinds of shooting with all kinds guns/rifles/bows/etc and blow stuffs up, then i'm all for it. This show is way better than any other reality shows.

Though there are small conflicts here and there, the contestants are generally likable. This show also featured many talented individuals who can pick up and mastered new skills in a relatively short time. Most of the challenges have required some marksmanship feats that are difficult or legendary for shooters with experience with the weapon. It's surprising to me seeing that at least half the contestants have minimal or no experience and yet they still generally perform competently. And the coolest thing is contestants can shoot their way out of the elimination, making the better, more well rounded shooters to live to compete another day.

The editing doesn't really bother me. It's standard reality quick cut stuffs, but it gives you some dynamic and makes it more interesting. I don't want to see a camera that's fixed only at the targets, while shooting is in progress, while listening to to Colby's obvious comments (He hits!, He miss!) that would be too boring. I want to see the experts nervous, i want to see them fumbles and out of their elements, and i want to see them triumph against all odds.

In summary, if you like guns and people who can shoot them extremely well, you'll like this show. If you are purists who like to watch "real" sports show or competitions, you might as well go outside to the event and watch it live rather than watching it on TV (on History channel on top of all that, oh, the blasphemy!)

score 8/10

rafkiridwan 29 June 2011

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw2453206/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部