View: 76|Reply: 0

Favourite of the genre

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
30-11-2020 01:56:04 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I found Hex by accident and at first it didn't really impress me. But as I watched further it got more and more interesting and soon I was hooked. The thing I like most about it are the dialogs. Well obviously not all of them, but when they try to be funny, they almost always succeed and the jokes and puns are often double layered.

The actors are good and there is almost no moralization which really bothers me in shows like Buffy or Angel, as some have tried to compare Hex to. But in reality the only thing in common is the connection with the supernatural and the age of the people this is meant for.

Here the main characters do make the wrong choice and have to live with it, they may not even feel sorry, there is no really overly sweet friendship moments, or moral moments, or forgiveness moments. Characters change over the series a lot, some of them die.

It is a continuous story, not just kill this monster in this episode, and kill that monster in the next, but an ongoing story. Most of the actors are good and there are some really original characters, for example the lesbian ghost, and some really original modifications of known characters like the -speaking with a German accent- archangel Raphael. Azazeal is my favorite. He is a strong characters (must have something to with the acting) and you can never really hate him even though he is obviously THE bad guy :) at least for a while. The music fits and is used to create the mood a lot. The special effects? Well there are almost none, except for a creepy slimy monster now and then, since Hex took the more psychological approach to scariness. It works really well. Mind me, it is no more a horror show than Buffy but it may feel a bit more dark. And it is why I love it. The story itself isn't very original, but the little twists in it and the execution are. If you're bored of Buffy, if Angel is starting to get on your nerves give Hex a chance. I like it, why shouldn't you?

score /10

vilincica 9 December 2005

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw1234371/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部