View: 94|Reply: 0

Funny show, but it does not live up to its potential

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
30-11-2020 01:26:05 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I really do enjoy this show and it has left me unable to breathe from laughing at times, and so I have rated it very high. However, I am often frustrated by what I see as lost potential.

The show starts very strong with a great guest star in the first episode who plays along well and is hilarious. However, many of the guest stars are either unfunny or not a good fit for this show (Chelsea Peretti, Aubry Plaza, Gillian Jacobs). They need to be more selective of guest stars.

Spencer and Jeff are great regular cast members. Spencer particularly is hilarious and carries the show. Dan Harmon himself can be funny (even if most of his jokes are along the lines of "Oh sh**!") but he needs to prepare better. He often bumbles around and makes unfunny jokes that are just awkward.

Erin McGathy is the biggest thing holding this show back. I could not believe it when I saw she was back in the second season. Not only is she not funny, she is completely unfunny. I usually cringe when she attempts to make a joke. Her only positive contributions are when she says or does something stupid that the others can make a good joke out of.

To end on a positive note, the show is very creative and the production value is high. Very funny, but I hope that changes are made before season 3 (and I do hope there is a season 3).

score 9/10

andwarren 15 November 2017

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw3858590/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部