View: 106|Reply: 0

A cartoon-teen version of Friends

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
29-11-2020 09:15:15 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I love this show. This, along with TDI/TDA are the only cartoons I actually watch, but that's because they're really good. I've read all of the negative comments for this show, and they're all stupid. Most people think other, more childish shows are superior to this one... they're not, at all. I'm sorry if you're offended by the Canadian wit, but some of us actually have (and USE! *shudder, gasp*) our brains. 1) Get over the animation. Seriously. It's not the best, but the writing makes up for it. 2) 'They don't act like real teenagers, who curse and are excessively vulgar etc.' Way to go genius, you've got them, they don't swear every second word. Wonder if that has anything to do with the channel their on, how many other Teletoon/Cartoon Network shows have profanity in them? Exactly. Personally, I'm 15, and my friends and I do curse, but I know a dozen people at my school who never curse. You could make this same complaint about Friends, where they don't curse. They make crude jokes, but no f-bombs, and no one complains about that. So get over the lack of swearing, try expanding your vocabulary beyond using f***ed and that's so gay. 3) Characters are plain and predictable. Very few characters nowadays aren't archetypal, and 6teen is not an exception. Yes, we've seen these types of characters before, but rarely are they presented as uniquely as they are in 6teen. Jonesy (the Joey of 6teen) is the jock who is supposed to be totally thick. But while Jonesy does exhibit moments of being dumb, he's not always like that, being on occasion insightful. His character isn't one-dimensional as he is shown to put up this 'false bravado' in order to impress everyone around him when his friends don't actually mind his flaws. You may be thinking 'Wow, this is soooo new!'. I never said the characters were new, you can find very similar characters elsewhere, but they are NOT one-dimensional. Jude (almost a mix of Joey-Chandler) is the laid-back member of the group. He doesn't take anything too seriously, but when it matters he can. Like Jonesy, he's not book smart, Jude is very people smart on the other hand and gives his friends good advice on their problems. Wyatt (clearly Ross) is the smart, tightly wired character. Honestly, he's almost exactly like Ross. Smart, but not people smart and therefore messes up a lot of relationships. He fixates on the girls he loves, and even though he messes up sometimes (a lot), he keeps trying to make it right. Caitlin (Phoebe-Rachel) is the nice, naive girl who is always trying to help her friends and gives the best advice she can give, even if sometimes it's not so good. She's a bit unorthodox, but makes up for it with how nice she is to, well, everyone, except those who have betrayed her (anyone remember Phoebe's old guitar partner?). Jen (Monica) is the smart, athletic girl who always has a plan and is very organized with everything she does. She always tries to succeed and never accepts defeat, she's just Monica minus the obsessive cleaning. Nikki is the odd one out, who fits into the 'goth/tomboy' genre, but doesn't really delve all that deep into either one which keeps her easier to relate to and a character who is definitely my favourite of the girls. Honestly, this is show is well written and it's a shame that it's ending this week. I hope that they'll do DVD releases of all the seasons, would definitely buy them (only other show I would actually buy the DVDs for would be The Office). It's a teenage friends, the mall is central perk. Very good show, and I am very glad the same people get to continue on with the Total Drama series. 6Teen - 10/10 all the way.

score 10/10

harkian1 8 February 2010

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw2204630/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部