View: 81|Reply: 0

Beautiful Anime, Fun, Entertaining and Quintessential

[Copy link]
27-11-2020 00:45:08 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I didn't expect I would enjoy a series based on figure skating so much, just started watching seeing its high rating on an anime site and I was hooked. Initial episodes won me over with its innocence and charming humor, the funny take on the world of skating was hilarious to watch. The animation itself is very good, more like a work of art. Professional Ice skating scoring is done both on technicality and presentation, this meant the skating presented in the animation was beautifully choreography along with great background music. The characters present in the anime are fun, loving and entertaining, only the positive side of people are shown without one negative or bad thought, unrealistic in the real world but a beautiful take on an ideal world.

I did feel the show kind of got repetitive with the skating in the last 1/3rd of the 12 episode series, by now we had seen the same performances on the same music many time overs. Still, the final performances were special. I did feel the ending was perfect.

The show is not for everyone, its male themed and there seems to be clear sexual tension between the guys, the gay theme was unrealistic as the world shown here is discrimination free. I took it as hilarious as it was kept ambiguous till the end, no clear scene, just emotions, but don't know how it would sit with others.

score 8/10

mayank09876 28 December 2017

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw4016304/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部