View: 92|Reply: 0

Clever, fast-paced and funny, it's a winner!

[Copy link]
25-11-2020 22:37:10 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
As a huge, first-generation fan of the original series, I was a little nervous about this new show. After watching the pilot, I'm glad to say that it is really, REALLY good. Clever, fast-paced and funny, the show is led by a charming and strong cast and has a fresh, cool style that makes you think that this is the perfect updated version of the original "Bell". Elizabeth Berkley, Mario Lopez and John Michael Higgins shine in the adult contingent. The young actors are impressive (especially the lovely Haskiri Velazquez, Mitchell Hoog and Josie Totah). Even Mark-Paul Gosselaar, in his brief appearance, is totally enjoyable. The Easter Eggs are funny and never redundant, the art direction is amazing (we can finally see the whole hallway!) and the music fits perfectly (except the unfortunate new theme song by Lil Yachty). But the show's secret weapon is the writing. While keeping true to the original spirit of "Bell", this version is more sarcastic, ironic, very smart (I love how Lexi's sexuality is not seen as an issue but simply as a fact) and deep. I hate when critics say the original was bad, it wasn't. It was supposed to be a live-action cartoon for pre-teens and it perfectly worked. This new version is simply different and aimed at a larger, older audience.

score 8/10

TheTaleTeller 25 November 2020

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw6309714/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部