View: 83|Reply: 0

Excellently crafted

[Copy link]
24-11-2020 03:34:04 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I'm honestly surprised by the reception of this series, it seems to be rather mixed compared to the original production. In all honesty I prefer this to the original Bible production, though the original had the benefit of being a genuine surprise coming from History.

What I prefer about this is that the passion remains strong, and the stories are well flushed out. By balancing a bit of pop-cinema with heart felt efforts to bring the bible to screen they are able to present a story that should be familiar to all Christians, but yet also keep you in a "wow, what will happen next week" state of mind.

The acting is very solid, I get a very strong sense of the evangelical zeel of the early church, and a good sense of hanging on by a knifes edge. As of this writing Saul of Tarsus has been introduced, and I feel he is very well played. I highly recommend watching this. No, this is not an attempt to provide you with a production where actors read scripture. But it is honest, and it will draw you into that time.

score 10/10

crazzeto-512-145363 11 May 2015

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw3236014/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部