View: 64|Reply: 0

High entertainment value...

[Copy link]
22-11-2020 13:14:11 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
As mush as i find this show entertaining... i feel kinda riped off when watching it. the show is based around one man Bear Grylls surviving various places in the world. As original as this sounds i find it was a blatant ripoff of Survivorman.

But as Survivorman has the host actually surviving and doing his own camera work, Bears is fallowed by his own camera crew and has admitted to staying in a hotel for a night and not staying outside...also during one episode, he is building a shelter then says that he is happy he is not staying in the shelter that he is building for the night. But watching the show alone one would never know... it creates a good fakes atmosphere of danger around the host.

As fake as the show is, we cannot take away the entertainment value it has, Bear is a excellent host. Armed with his charisma he makes getting lost interesting and fun. Also seeing his make stunts, one example from the show is him climbing a 50 meters cliff to get out of a gorges with no climbing gear, is thrilling.

Lastly as mush as the entertaining... it has main purpose is too teach survival techniques... and this is were is fails the most cause he either uses tools no one would have if they were stranded or fails by doing some stunt instead.

In conclusion this is a fine show if you think of it as a travel/show stunt.. but fails in comparison to other shows wish have mastered what this show tries to be.

Go watch Surviverman is you want real survival tips/ not faked survival or watch this is you want entertainment.

score 7/10

grenier-alex 13 December 2007

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw1780003/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部