View: 90|Reply: 0

Not enough material (milking it)

[Copy link]
22-11-2020 11:46:12 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
How many "cattle drives" and "hunting and fishing for survival" can Discovery milk from this show? I used to love this show due to the family dynamic. I loved the way the relationships between the Kilchers were not always flowery but that human emotions would erupt and then the family would work it out. But now it is just hard to watch the same themes play out every season. I think the biggest put-off for me is the narrating. I dislike the way that moments are made up to be more dramatic than they actually are (e.g., hunting for survival, the flare and how much "danger" the girls were in, the fake predator threats, etc). I do like Eivan's projects. I do like the Christmas gift making and giving. I like the idea of the homesteading lifestyle but don't act like these people don't have cell phones, a grocery store isn't nearby, other people don't live nearby, and please don't think your audience is a bunch of idiots (if you are filming someone, they are not in real danger because there is a cameraman right there with a communication device and don't forget about the rules and regulations about filming safety). Don't Bear Grylls me again Discovery.

score 6/10

xchromosomosapian 22 December 2016

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw3604044/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部