View: 119|Reply: 0

Not bad but needs some tweaks

[Copy link]
20-11-2020 02:06:18 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I have been a fan of Josh's shows for some years and whilst I approach things like this with a skeptical eye I generally find them entertaining. Expedition X sits somewhere in the middle of being entertaining and factual but it has it faults. Firstly the obvious dubbed on sound effects need to stop (the woman's "scream" in the haunted lake episode was clearly not the same thing they heard when they were actually there as you can tell from their subdued reaction). Also Jessica is not really the best fit for the show! I don't usually have much time for "paranormal experts" (how on earth do you become an expert in something which has never been proven to exist, it's like being an expert on unicorns) as usually they are just crossed eyed lunatics who believe every breeze is evidence of a ghostly presence. However I do have some respect for those who accept rational explanations as being the most obvious answer. Unfortunately Jessica is not one of these. Wind chime hanging in a tree outdoors makes a noise - ghost. Rock falls in a cave - ghost. Flashlight falls over when stood upright on uneven ground - ghost. She takes the most spurious, irrelevant, weak and unrelated bit's of evidence, mashes them together and declares paranormal influence.
She's like that guy from Ancient Aliens. The problem within investigators like that is that they are closed minded, they come into investigations with pre-conceived ideas and that basically taints everything that comes after.

score 5/10

markjohnevans79 7 April 2020

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw5617181/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部