View: 120|Reply: 0

The pilot's twist was pretty damn good and this shows promise

[Copy link]
18-11-2020 04:14:04 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
This is only a grade for episode 1 and is subject to change.

Big Sky, from what the press has given us, is about a truck driver who kidnaps girls and private detectives have to stop him before he kidnaps more ladies.

So I'm not wowed or anything. It's decent. The teen girls plot was pretty predictable and a bit unrealistic with the truck driver supposedly turning at the same bend and stopping in the dark behind the teen girls. There could have been a better delivery instead because the road rage story was rather forced to me. It started to get better once the cop was called to investigate early in the morning. He then met with a private detective and there was the twist with the cop shooting the detective (he's actually working with the kidnapper).

I didn't like the prostitute scene. Too much kissing and not too much into the actual action. Could habe been more to the kidnapping instead. Hence why I said the delivery should have been changed. It's fine for what it is but could be better. I'm not familiar with Kelley's
style but I hope his best shows soon. It's not good so far but it's only one episode.

Big Sky's pilot starts off boring and predictable but the ending few minutes left me somewhat interested in the arc and the episode brings some shock and horror even if some of it is predictable and I'll definitely check out a few more episodes.

Rating: 6/10 C

score 6/10

cartoonnewsCP 18 November 2020

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw6282697/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部