View: 98|Reply: 0

Don't expect ‚24'

[Copy link]
18-11-2020 03:56:12 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
As the title says: Don't expect this show to be '24'. It is not nearly as good as the adventures of Jack Bauer. 'IRIS' is thematically similar, which invites the comparison, but falls short in its execution. While the South Korean setting has some fantastic potential with the friction between the North and the South, 'IRIS' clearly doesn't succeed in making the most of it.

The show is often quite cheesy, and at the same time stylized, while at times looking like a cheap soap opera. The annoying hand-held camera work with lightning-fast cuts is also very tiring, as are some of the quite ridiculous story lines and huge plot-holes and deus ex machinas.

Nevertheless, I'd be lying, though, if I denied that it was entertaining at times. Sure, you have to suspend your disbelief a lot and also be willing to overlook loads of huge flaws, but if you do, there will be some very decent scenes.

I had to force myself a bit to sit through the entirety of season 1, and while I wouldn't necessarily recommend 'IRIS' to friends, I wouldn't say I completely wasted my time watching it.

score 5/10

TonyCamonte84 25 December 2013

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw2928214/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部