View: 87|Reply: 0

High School Prodigies Have It Easy Even in Another World!

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
17-11-2020 01:30:02 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
This anime series opens with the introduction of our seven protagonists; they are only high school students but each is at the very top in their field of expertise; politics, economics, medicine, science, magic, sword-play and a journalist with ninja skills. One day they are on a plane together and it crashes. They are the only survivors but they soon discover that they are nowhere on Earth; they are in Freyjagard. There is no modern technology here, it is more like the middle ages, but there is magic and mythical beings; including the Byuma who have animal features and great strength but are otherwise like humans. They are rescued by Byuma from a small village and when they learn that these people, and most others in the kingdom live under an oppressive feudal regime they determine to use their expertise to introduce democracy... of course the current leaders will fight back; and some of them are very powerful.

I enjoyed this series although I suspect it is one of those that will soon be forgotten after it is over. The genre of having people somehow transported fantasy worlds has got somewhat overcrowded in recent years so it must be difficult coming up with new twists. Having protagonists that are all top of their fields means that at times the show feels like 'Star Trek: TNG... but where the main characters were all Wesley Crusher!' Thankfully this show never takes itself too seriously so that is less of a problem... even so my favourite characters came from amongst the Byuma. The animation is solid and the story provides some good exciting moments. The ending feels more like the end of a chapter rather than the end of the story... I have no idea whether there is more to come or merely that the manga is ongoing and that is as far as it got when the anime was made. Overall I'd say this isn't a must see but it does pass the time nicely if you are a fan of the genre.

These comments are based on watching the series in Japanese with English subtitles.

score 7/10

Tweekums 27 December 2019

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw5358570/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部