View: 87|Reply: 0

One of the worst BBC comedies EVER

[Copy link]
16-11-2020 03:58:08 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I can't believe the number of 7  star reviews this awful show is getting.

This is supposed to be a comedy about two parents with three offspring.

"Pete" the father of the three is not only an unequipped parent he is also a teacher whom either gets fired from his job or abruptly quits, this happens two or three time through out the series. He doesn't know how to handle his own children and seems mystified about their behavior.

"Sue" the mother often also quits her job as well like her husband. Her voice like the daughter is often grating. Like her husband ever day seems like the kids are new to her.

"The Kids" all of them are annoying, None should be acting, there lines seem to be a constant of run on sentences especially for the middle and youngest child as if they never take a breath and you will want to kill them both. No matter the age the oldest is always sullen and withdrawn.

The way the scripts are written it is as if they were written by two different teams, one for the adults and one of the children and then it is a surprise to the adult actors what the children will say.

This show is not a comedy at all and it is difficult to watch let alone enjoy. Also it is as if they just shot this at the script reading it is not well acted by any one.

The entire show is anti-climatic from beginning to end let alone enjoyable.

It is no where near the caliber of "Are you being Served?", "Falty Towers", "The Good Life/Good Neighbors","Home Sweet Home", "To The Manor Born", "Agony", "Thin Blue Line", "My Hero", "Father Ted", "Bless Me Father", "Keeping Up Appearance" Just to name a few.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME ON THIS ONE.

score 1/10

watchtiger1 12 April 2013

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw2781038/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部