View: 102|Reply: 0

Irreparable damage?

[Copy link]
16-11-2020 03:42:07 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I was very excited about this show for the first two episodes but when "Liar..liar" aired with the doctor's love interest being his young patient's "dead" mother, everything was ruined. The coincidence of that reeks of the poorest writing and directing this season of any new show. Such a shame because the potential for greatness was there. I will watch a couple of more weeks, hoping there will be improvement, but irreparable damage may have been done. The young cast while often "flat" with what seems to be inexperienced acting is appealing enough to elicit powerful emotional audience responses. The theme is not only worthy of one's viewing time, but may be one of the most poignant this season, if the writers get to work. It may not be too late. I would suggest killing off the boy's mother sending him into depression that would cause him to open up to the others a much deeper emotional side of him and likewise, eliciting more touching responses from the other characters. The doctor would also become very distraught and he and the boy would bond in a more meaningful way and they could develop a very powerful relationship integral to the original theme.

score 5/10

innerpilot113 2 October 2014

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw3097518/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部