View: 85|Reply: 0

Gripping, neat tie-up of war, politics and accolades is completely bingeworthy.

[Copy link]
8-11-2020 11:30:50 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I am surprised at how much I Liked this as I am not into war movies. Someone below has criticized the lack of camouflage by the snipers/spec ops guys but come on, it's a fictional story and not a documentary. Nobel's characters are well-rounded, interesting people with a variety of ethics and the casting is magical. Nobody is 100% pure as snow or evil. You can sympathize with everyone and then there is the young boy who acts as a kind of moral sounding board. Ticks every box for me in regard to structure and story with a few magical moment (people heal really, really fast in the Scandinavian air ...) and the time-line is just a bit muddled but getting that right is, in this case, a super challenging task. However, the acting is excellent (OK, please explain how they managed to show some of those injuries) and it is the quiet, simmering level-headedness of the lead character that binds everything together. Love the score particularly the opening titles sequence. I never had the desire to press the 'skip' button. Far better than Homeland/Hatufim. For us, it was a 'can't wait to watch another episode' and the ending, well, it delivers in spades. Just don't let big studios remake this and water it down.

score 9/10

citywoman3105 1 September 2018

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw4315170/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部