View: 90|Reply: 0

The Greatest Show Ever! hehehehe

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-11-2020 16:21:08 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I loved this show growing up (I was ten when it first came out). It was a Saturday morning ritual for me and my two younger sisters to get up before the show started, get a bowl of cereal or whatever and plop down and watch Pee-wee do his thing for half-hour. We would scream the secret word real loud and our mother would give us hell for that because she liked to sleep in on Saturday mornings.

I loved the show because of the character of Pee-wee. He's unlike anyone you've seen on TV (other than Mr. T, who, along with Pee-wee are my childhood 'heros'). He was so bizarre, his friends were weird, and the whole playhouse is how I wished my house could be like. Randy was sassy and bad and Miss Yvonne was the "horniest woman in Puppetland". (My mother thought it was so scandulous that Miss Yvonne showed so much cleavage on a "kid's show").

I recently purchased the two box sets and the Christmas special at age 24 and I have a better appreciation for the show now than I probably did as a kid. Paul Reubens is brilliant! The show is still so funny today that it doesn't even seem it was made in the eighties. I also think Ricardo was one hot honey (and Pee-wee of course!)

I just wish it was back on the air here in Canada.

May long you rule, Pee-wee!

score /10

cz639 25 May 2001

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw0228938/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部