View: 88|Reply: 0

The perfect show for those who want to learn how things are made.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-11-2020 12:09:04 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I came upon this series quite by accident, when I was on Netflix streaming looking for new things. Since I was very young I had an interest in making things. I remember making crude electric motors and telegraph sets at home. As I have lived my life, rapidly approaching 70 now, I can't count how many times I have wondered what went into making something.

The reason I call this a "perfect" show is because each topic is treated in roughly 5 minutes. The usual pattern is a selection of four quite different topics with a total running time right at 21 minutes. They of course can't go into lots of depth in just 5 minutes, but each script and presentation gets in just the right amount of detail.

Today I saw such diverse topics as making cold-smoked salmon, hatching chicks, making blown plastic bottles, and constructing a harp. Sometimes I will see that none of the four topics interests me enough so I just skip the episode.

I have become a big fan, this is an ideal program for those of us who just love to get the inside view on how things are made.

score /10

TxMike 22 March 2013

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw2770916/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部