View: 74|Reply: 0

A Superlative series

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-11-2020 11:47:07 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I've followed the Ghostbusters from the very first day they started and kept myself on par with developments throughout the decades. The movies and the 1986 cartoon always had something special and were always charming. But it also fell short just a slight bit when it came to realism and emotion. These missing elements have successfully been implemented in this new series titled XGB, which takes the franchise to a whole new level and introduces a magnificent bunch of new characters who are truly amazing and unrivaled. As expected, the production levels are extremely high, with matchless animation and atmosphere. As I've mentioned, the characters are also very profound, likable and realistic.

Combine that with very scary and realistic villains and threats plus august writing and brilliant screenplay and you end up with something truly out of this world. I would call it the best animated series ever made if it weren't for other development houses who have done fantasy epics whose base content is slightly more difficult to come up with creatively. Even so, watching this is utter rapture.

It also very strange that this series is the Sony production house's only good one, with MiB perhaps being passable. The rest of the cartoons produced by Sony have been extremely bad, especially low in production values, in my humble opinion, despite their popularity. Ironically, this one, XGB in contrast, is world beating.

score 10/10

stratcori 19 August 2006

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw1452722/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部