View: 92|Reply: 0

A Nest Of Vampires In Whitechapel

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-11-2020 11:28:30 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
This Canadian series shown here on this side of the border by the Disney Channel has an engaging goofiness about it. It's not great, but it is pleasant and endurable.

It all started back in the film of the same title when young Matthew Knight who because he neglected to watch his baby sister now both have a babysitter. But both Knight and his friend Atticus Dean Mitchell are ecstatic beyond their wildest nerd dreams when they discover they've got super hottie Vanessa Morgan as the babysitter. But there is cause for concern when they discover My Babysitter's A Vampire.

The leader of the vampires is dealt with in the film, but there are quite a nest of them, including at their local high school. And of course there are other kinds of unearthly creatures to meet every week to take care of as the boys are trying to pass trigonometry.

As in the film the best and funniest character is Mitchell and Knight's friend Cameron Kennedy who was a cheerful nerd like them, but who becomes a vampire, but just can't quite get into the spirit of it.

The Canadians have an inside joke here that I wonder how many of the kids who watch this on both sides of the border get. The name of the fictional town they're from is Whitechapel and that of course is the London district where Jack the Ripper was doing his thing back two centuries ago.

Don't expect much from this, but I rather like it.

score 6/10

bkoganbing 9 September 2011

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw2486064/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部