A nice familiarisation of New Zealand's drama series achievements

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-10-2020 12:22:07 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
/refers to Series 1 and 2/

Being an admirer of British and Scandinavian crime dramas, from time to time, I "look around" to realise what is going on regarding related field in other countries. As far I can recall, The Brokenwood Mysteries is my first watch of series coming from and depicting New Zealand - a country so far away, but with lots of interest and praise.

In spite of evident similarities and benchmarks with particularly UK series, I liked The Brokenwood Mysteries from the beginning: realistic characters, beautiful landscape, often black humour making you giggle... True, in and "old" fashion, one episode is dedicated to a single case and a small township in a safe country cannot be a venue of frequent felonies, but the story, characters and environment is so pleasing (at least to me residing tens of thousand miles away) that I just followed all the 8 cases continuously, often "forgetting" the commonness of the case or its solution/ending. Besides, the viewers can obtain additional information about wines, rugby and other areas or branches as each case deals basically with a certain activity.

So, all in all, I liked the series and might recommend it to our local TV stations to be screened. But I am sure that NZ and neighbouring viewers might have their reservations on the series and its originality...

score 8/10

BeneCumb 25 April 2016

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw3458017/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部