View: 101|Reply: 0

Anime Done right.

[Copy link]
20-10-2020 02:40:07 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Outlaw Star, I watched this show simply becuase I came on before Batman TAS on Cartoon network and I had nothing better to do.  At the time my favorate anime was DBZ (I use the word "Favorate" for lack of a better term, of all the anime I saw it was the only one I could sit through) and I dind't expenct much but a muddled, poorly translated and incredibly confuseing show like most Anime wound up being.  This asumtion was wrong.

Think for a moment about Anime. . .the first things that come to your mind are usealy Spaceships, Giant Robots, good looking women and the ocatonal panty shot.  While all of these things are in "Outlaw Star", the writing and directing make you feel like you've seen it for the first time. It's as if someone took everything I liked about anime and shaved off all the things I didn't like.

I can realy relate to Gene Starwind, one one hand he's your typical laser-pistol tought-as-nails space cowboy we're so used to seeing, one the hand he's a normal guy with normal everyday problems.  We like seing the typical action hero kicking butt, and we can enjoy seing him acting like a real person as opposed to a two-dimentonal Buck Rogers clone.

Gene Starwind is jsut about the only typical chracter you'll see in this show.  The rest of the Outlaw Star's bizare but belivable crew are anything but ordaniry.  We've got Jim Hawking, a ten-year-old genius who can repair anything.  Asha ClanClan, a super-strong alien cat girl who could give WWF's China a run for her money.  Melfina is a loveable bio-android who sports a smart female buisiness suit and is a pretty mean cook.  My personal favorate is the unbelievably Japanese Twillight Suzuka, a dealy and beautiful assasin who hangs wears a Kimono, and totes a wooden sword into battle.

Overall, I really enjoyed Outlaw Star, the story made me laugh, and I actualy cried when Harry Mcdougal died, still procraiming his love for Melfina in his last breaths.  I ain't kidding folks, I was in TEARS.  This story is original and unique, but also powerful and belivable.

Don't miss it.

score /10

Joshua_the_samurai 3 March 2002

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw0772081/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部