View: 63|Reply: 0

Digimon Frontier

[Copy link]
20-10-2020 02:36:02 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
10/10

Review: When I first checked this season out I didn't care about it mostly. That was because at the time I heard that season four was the prequel to one and two and I wanted to see if that theory held up. Little did I know that this season had so much more to offer.

In the first half I found the concepts to be great. Let me tell you something first. Most people dislike this season for its ideas that sort of take from seasons one and two and more original stuff. Two things to change some perspective. First, when you are making a prequel, sequel or something new to a series you need to have old stuff and new stuff. Second it was a prequel so it is kind of smart to have some people represent the older group

Takuya: Tai, Koji: Matt, Tommy: T.K., but his evolutions like Joe, J.P.: Joe, but his evolutions like Izzy, Zoe: Sora and Mimi, Koji's twin brother in second half: Ken

I don't have much to complain about. I like the story and follow it fine. The characters are all very interesting and develop nicely even the villains. The only problem is they overused Koji and too much development if anything

Tommy as a 10 year old kid didn't bother me at all. The reason this is because if you compare Young Gennai to Tommy in appearance, they look a like. This this was prequel, so there is a possibility that this is Gennai's origin story. Its like Anakin in episode 1, but the role of how they are when they are when younger and older is reversed. A powerful idea on the creators ideas. The idea of a brother that is impacting what he is doing but has no screen time is interesting, and how Tommy learns the meaning of his last words.

When Neemon showed up I feared the worst because some called them the worst comic relief since Jar Jar. After a couple of episodes though Neemon didn't bother me at all. In fact I found them to be funny.

Some say comic relief shouldn't be in Digimon. Let me correct you on that. Remember Gomamon in season one?

Some people complain about why so many digimon in season 1 and 2 are in it and why the technology is so much older. Some digimon in season 2 such as Armadillomon are abundant in season 4 but near dead in season 4 and considered ancient. To change that thought set, think of how much time much have passed between the seasons. It is very realistic that many types get killed off over time.

Some other people talk about why the digital world looks near destroyed in season 4 but like a good as new place in 1. Remember near the end of season 1 when Gennai told the group that the final test they have face nearly destroyed the digital world but five saved it? That was Lucemon's goal in the end and there were five kids in season 4. Meaning that the digital world could have collapsed in between the two and if Tommy is young Gennai, it would make sense why he would know this.

About half way through the season we meet Duskmon the seasons secondary villain, who is Koji's twin brother who was forced evil by the main villain Cherubimon. Anybody who was paying attention to what Bokomon said to the group, Cherubimon has been fighting a war to control the digital world. So it would make sense that they have a few servants. He didn't choose it it was forced and he found a way out and you find out his spirit was there not his real life self. His real life self dies at the end of the season which just breaks Koji. The only season to have a human die in it.

May I also mention that the season unlike everything prior or since has one story arc. Not multiple. The only thing it has multiple of is the villains which all serve purpose and have development.

The second half of the season only gets better. The story picks up even better. All the characters good and bad have purpose that is needed. The characters only develop even more so than the first half. But then comes the last few episodes with a climax and resolution that is considered to be the high light of the season by everybody. And one of the best climaxes/resolutions in all of digimon history. The only dispute is with season 3. Which I won't give away

This season has the second best evolution concept in the entire saga (behind Bio-Merge in season 3) called Spirit Evolution. There are three factors why this idea is so great. First is the music. The only form of digivolution to have its own soundtrack and it's old style. It shows by how well it works. Second is the humans reactions. With no words you know how they feel turning into the digimon. Third is the human contributions. For once and only this once we don't have the humans have digimon do all the work. It is them and the group all works together. Just watch this on Youtube to see what I mean.

Overall season four is a great entry in the digimon series as a whole. It has beautiful animation, the best (at least second) writing of the series, well done and cared for characters, a well made story line that works together, and it doesn't deserve the complaints it gets. The closest season to this and it is close is season 3. I would highly suggest people to check this season out any day.

I would give this season a 15 if I could.

score 10/10

morganstephens512 18 February 2015

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw3186537/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部