View: 73|Reply: 0

Best Television series ever?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
19-10-2020 03:20:06 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I once heard "Green Acres" described as being "Twin Peaks:the sitcom," which isn't too far off base if you take away the darker elements of "Peaks."

I'm not sure it's the best television series either, but it certainly my favorite, and the best thing about it is that it was funny when I was four years old, still funny when I was a teenager, and even funnier now that I'm in my late 30's and can sit and watch the show with my young sons.

Eddie Albert and Eva Gabor should have won multiple emmy's. The writers stand alone as some of the funniest sitcom writers of all time. Jay Somers and Paul Henning are geniuses. The amazing thing about this show is at a time when most shows were star driven, this show gives all of the actors great lines and showcases for their talent.

Of course, Oliver and Lisa are my favorite denizens of Hooterville, but I have a lot of fondness for Eb (who is endlessly funny), Mr. Haney (who my kids think is the funniest person ever!) and Mr. Kimble (who ALWAYS cracks me up!).

"Green Acres" really is the place to be. It's funny, it's family friendly and it is one of the best shows of all time!

The DVD is great too, but I would have loved some extra commentaries from some of the surviving cast members!

David Cox Independence Missouri

score /10

nolukeno 22 April 2004

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw0087965/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部